Friday, August 7, 2009

My first taste of semi-solid food

Mummy started to introduce me to semi-solid food when I turned 5 months 1 day old on 18 July 2009.

Mummy has been preparing for this day since a month ago by reading up and buying all the necessary bowls, spoons, storage cubes, hand-held blender, Healthy Times brown rice cereal etc.

She found these two books really come in handy. They contain easy to prepare recipes for purees and porridge from 4 months and up. "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel and a local published book, "First Food" by Anna Jacob & other co-authors.

To date, I have eaten brown rice cereal, apples, pears, bananas, carrots, pumpkin, spinach and sweet potatoes. They are all so yummy! Mummy and po po both agree that I like semi-solid food more than milk.

Here's me having my very first taste of semi-solid food on 18 July 2009.




See my love-hate relationship with the apple from my facial expression. Mummmy thinks I look extremely cute here.



Mummy will steam the ingredients and then make them into purees. She will then transfer them to small storage cube to have them frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment