Dr Ong was so skillful and swift while giving me the injection that I did not cry at all. I still smile at Mummy when she picked me up. Mummy and po po praised me for being a brave boy. However, when the nurse administered the oral dose of rotarix using the syringe, I fussed and shook my head.
I was prescribed a bottle of antidote for fever and mummy had to monitor my temperature for the next 24 hours. The trigger temperature for fever is 38 degree celsius when taken with a ear thermometer or 37.5 degree celsius when taken at the arm pit.
Mummy conscientiously took my temperature and thought that I might not have a fever after all since 20 hours had passed. She had a shock of her life when she stared at the digital display. It read 38.4!
She reacted very fast by feeding me the medicine, sponging me and putting the cooling pad on my forehead. My temperature dipped to 37.6 half and hour later and mummy was so relieved. I could play and smile at mummy. All thanks to mummy for taking care of me.



Hey Elijah, you are so funny here.. doing some kungfu stunts??? heehee...
ReplyDeletehi auntie Meiyin, i am practising my punches so that i can protect myself. hehe..
ReplyDelete