Mummy brought me for my vaccination and 3 months assessment on 19 May 2009. She has been looking forward to this day as she needs to get some assurance from my paediatrician regarding my feeding habits and growth. She is very concerned about me drinking lesser than when I was one month old. I used to drink about 120ml of breast milk/formula 7 to 8 times a day. But right now, I am only consuming 150ml 5 times a day. I also do not really like to drink milk and will cry and refuse to suckle. Mummy will need to spend about an hour to feed me most of the time.
Dr Ong said it is normal for 3 months old babies to drink lesser than before and reassured mummy that different babies have different feeding habits. He said some babies need to be half asleep or suckle on the pacifier on and off while feeding. It is still considered normal and should not be a cause of concern. Mummy was so relieved to hear that and tears were welling up in her eyes as she recalled the stress and worries she experiences everyday when she feeds me.
In fact, he mentioned babies' weight gain will slow down at this stage and should double their birth weight when they reached 4 months. I have already doubled and Dr Ong told mummy not to feel stressed or compare my weight with other babies who were born heavier. Mummy hopes that this is just a passing phase and I will soon be drinking well.
I weighed 6kg at 3 months 2 days old.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment